Monday 8 June 2020

What Are Personal Pronouns?

            A personal pronoun is a short word we use as a simple substitute for the proper name of a person. Each of the English personal pronouns shows us the grammatical person, gender, number, and case of the noun it replaces. I, you, he, she, it, we they, me, him, her, us, and them are all personal pronouns

For e.g. We are not speaking such way Rekha is my student. Rekha is clever girl.
              but we will say Rekha is my student. She is clever girl.

Person              Nominative Objective
First singular                I                     me
Second singular     you              you
Third singular  he, she, it         him, her, it
First plural               we                 us
Second plural               you                you
Third plural               they              them


1 comment: